Friday, December 5, 2008

Faster Things - A time trial bike




My first road bike was a Jamis Ventura Race. It's a great bike and two years later I still race on it. I would like the option of a time trial bike though. I have yet to compete on one and I'm interested in how much of a performance difference it will make.

The Xenith 2 was released last year as Jamis tries to solidify itself into the tri and time trial market. It is a gorgeous bike.

I am also looking at some other affordable time trial bikes. Orbea, QR, Blue. Any suggestions? What competes well under $2k?

3 comments:

Eric Wright said...

My LBS guys have been working real hard to get me onto a Felt B12. I think it is a pretty great combo of price vs performance.

Charissa said...

The B12 looks like a nice bike although the MSRP of $2699 is a bit over $2k. Was it just released? Maybe it will drop come the next tri season.

I'm also thinking about chasing after some of these bike companies for sponsorship, although I don't have high hopes.

Eric Wright said...

I was looking at the b12 last year- I think the new model year went up a little. I think my shop was quoting me right at 2k then- but then again they sold me my Allez at well below list. The one question mark on the b12 is the wheel set. It is a Felt house brand. The shop guys say good things but... Good luck with the bike sponsorships. That would be huge.