Monday, October 5, 2009

I raced!!

25h Annual FLORIDA CHALLENGE TRIATHLON
SUPER SPRINT: 200 yard Swim - 8 mile Bike - 2 mile Run
Saturday, September 26, 2009 - Clermont, Florida USA
>>> Produced by SOMMER SPORTS <<<

With a time of 45:15.68 I was 5th of 49 men and 85 finishers. There weren't age groups, but I would of been 2nd.

Finish Swim Swim Trn1 Trans Bike Bike Bike Cum Cum Trn2 Trans Run Run Pace
Time Plc Time Plc #1 Plc Time Rate Plc Time Plc #2 Plc Time /mile PENALTY
===== ====================== === ===================== ============ ==== ======= ==== ===== ==== ======= ==== ==== ======== ==== ===== ==== ======= ===== =======
5 45:15.68 9 3:35 4 1:25 6 24:08 19.9 5 29:07 3 0:34 12 15:36 7:48


Racing wouldn't be such a big deal, but this has been a crazy and busy year. This is only the third race that I have done this year. My training has been extremely sporadic as I've been marketing Pilster Photography. I guess you could say this is pretty important, because this pays the way for me to go out and race in triathlons. The tougher the economy, the harder it is to market a company (If you need a wedding photographer, or any photographer for that matter, drop us a line!)

On another note, now that I'm shooting weddings it makes it harder to find a free weekend. I am much more careful about signing up for a race in case I book something, so I waited until the last minute to sign up for this race.

With very little training and most of it sporadic, I placed 5th overall in this little super sprint. Overall I'm pretty happy with doing that well. I felt just as exhausted as any other race I've done. I don't know if it's because I pushed myself harder in such a short distance, because I'm out of shape, or some of both.

My swim was a little slower than I wanted, actually everything was slower than I wanted. It was a super sprint and my splits were all slower than a sprint race I ran on a similar course at the beginning of the season. Actually the course at the beginning of the season had more hills. The area that I probably did the best in were my transitions. There was only an 8sec difference between myself and the leader. I think that's the smallest window I've ever had.

There are only a couple sprint races left before the season is over. Hopefully my schedule will let me race in them. Either way my main goal right now is to improve my running and consistency. I am working on taking my running shoes to the pavement 5 days a week. Then I hope to take a break and start to build up for the racing next season. We'll see how that goes.

See the photos here!

No comments: